We are excited to announce our MOM (Motivating Mom of the Month) for April! Each month we take a moment to recognize one of our local FIT4MOM Palos Verdes & San Pedro mamas for her hard work and dedication to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Meet Kathy Balderas! Kathy is our Motivating Mom of the Month for April! Kathy rarely misses a class and every single day she gives it her all! It is incredibly motivating to watch her give every workout 110% with a smile on her face and come back the next day and do it again! Kathy is mama to two awesome kiddos (Daniel and Grayson) and is such a wonderful part of our Village!
We asked Kathy a few questions, and here is what she had to say:
Who are the members of your family?
We are a family of 5! Myself, my husband Josh, our sons Daniel and Grayson, and our dog Bailey.
When did you come to your first FIT4MOM Palos Verdes & San Pedro workout and who or what got you there?
I joined our little village in January. I was looking for a community where my kids and I could meet new people. It’s a win for us all- mama gets a workout and the kids make new friends too.
What is your FIT4MOM why - what keeps you coming to workout, keeps you involved?
The amazing group of moms! You guys keep me inspired to show my kids that working out doesn’t have to be mundane, and can be lots of fun. Daniel loves coming home and “working out” with my bands or doing jumping jacks too. The whole group has been so welcoming and encouraging. It’s also true what Jennifer says, it’s our one hour just for us! As a stay-at- home mom, my whole day revolves around my kids and their needs so it’s something I can have for myself and makes me feel good.
What is one of your favorite exercises you have done with FIT4MOM?
I love the group/partner workouts. We’ve done relays which are really fun and it usually makes for a good laugh too.
· Favorite Stroller Strides song? “Old McDonald had a Zoo”
· Best breakfast before a workout? Avocado toast
· Most delicious dessert you have ever had? Chocolate truffles from Flemings
· I feel _______ after a FIT4MOM workout. Accomplished
· Before I had Daniel and Grayson, I said I would never… use bribery… but now I pick my battles and use it sometimes.
· Any advice for other moms out there? The best person to listen to is yourself. No one knows what’s better for your kiddos more than you do.